Wednesday, February 21, 2007

beyond parties

Although I am moderate and my opinions are biased, I find it hard to understand why some people are so set in the ways of their given political party that they cannot fathom analyzing an issue by its terms, but rather by which party supports it. Of course I respect loyalty, but it is one thing to espouse ideas that are congruent with one's belief, and another completely to uphold any and every idea based upon its left wing, or right wing stance solely. I see political party suggestions as more of a guideline rather than a concrete tunnel. I believe in understanding an issue, and basing an opinion on the facts. That is why I favor Republican Giuliani, even though I myself am registered as a democrat. It is in looking at the past that I have gained respect for Giuliani, and the way he handled the 9/11 situation. He became the face and voice of reason, compassion and hope. He became the face the country turned to and listened to when our own president was absent. He was present at the tragic scene almost immediately, dawning a New York City Fire Department windbreaker and hat. He handled the crisis perfectly, with swift action and unwavering support for our country. He readily supplied information on a constant basis and instilled hope within Americans everywhere. During this traumatic event he became known as “America’s Mayor,” for it was he who the country relied upon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awesome way to start the blog- I agree completely as far as considering each issue regardless of party affiliation